I am a Week passed my Due date, and I am Worried my Body is not progressing, I have never had One Contraction!

I am getting worried..Will my body actually go into labor with out having it done my a doctor? I just want it to happen like it's suposed too, im just worried that it wont.

Haller898

Asked by Haller898 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would not worry. Many women go over due, so it is not un-normal! Your body will progress when it is ready too.
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 8:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• They want to Induce me just because I am over due. Should I let them or wait another week?
    Haller898

Answer by Haller898 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You can wait if you like, but know that the placenta is dying now and not going to function as well as it should . That can put your baby at risk. Not to mention the antibiotics baby will probably have to have from ingesting mecconium. I would let them induce and get it done with. Chances are once you get the enema labor will start on it's own. Good Luck!! BTW do you trust your doctor?? If you do go with what they believe is best.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It's completely up to you. You could try a few things to get labor going by itself. Nipple stimulation and sex are known to help speed things up. There are several other ways, too. I can't remember them at this moment though.
    Anonymous

• I was given 10 days after my due date before they were going to induce. I ended up delivering 2 days prior. Right now you are ok, but if they want to induce, that's probably for the best. I'm a little surprised you're not racing to the hospital before they change their mind...when I was at your stage I was begging for my son to come out I was so big. I say go for it and good luck.
    Jonsmommy408

Answer by Jonsmommy408 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes I do I go to a High Risk Specialist because when i was 18 I had a blood clot in my Lung, So for my first child they wanted to make sure one didn't come back. i am 22 Now. A lot of People are telling me getting indiced hurts petocin? I don't know if i spelled it right?
    Haller898

Answer by Haller898 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Is the baby still moving. Kicking and stuff. If so it is most likely fine. But PP is right about the placenta and meconium. Also the meconium can cause respiratory distress. I dont want to worry you because it doesn't always happen, but go with your gut. And whether you trust your doctor. If they think it is right it probably is. Their license is on the line so usually if they make a call like that it is the right call.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• LoL Well it has been so easy. I have not had any pains no back achs or anything. So thats why i just didn't know what they best thing to do was. And I am not very big they said the baby is about 6lbs 11 oz
    Haller898

Answer by Haller898 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• He Is a Very Active baby still Always trying to Find his way out :)
    Haller898

Answer by Haller898 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• The induction hurts depending on your thresh hold for pain. But pitocin is already in your body. it is the hormone that causes labor and stimulates milk production. if you are worried about pain you can get an epidural ( know the risks) or you can lamaze your way through it. Pain is going to happen with or without induction. Good Luck!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2009