How long did you try before you started to give up hope.

My Hubby and I have been trying to have a baby for a while now and its just not happening. How long did you try until you said enough is enough and decide to go get some help?

Bluesnowflakes

Asked by Bluesnowflakes at 8:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• 2 1/2 years. We then went to a fertility clinic and I went on Clomid for 3 months and absolutely hated it! We decided to do IVF. One month before our appointment, I found out I was pregnant! I think for me it was stress related and constantly thinking about having a baby. Finally, when I knew we were goign to do something about it, I stopped stressing and now I have my little boy.
    Anonymous

• the minute you stop trying you will get pregs!
    wowof3bbs

Answer by wowof3bbs at 9:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• been TTC for over four years now...get bummed every single time we fail...its hard! bUT WE ARE STILL TRYING. I CANT GIVE UP...I WANT IT TOO MUCH
    Anonymous

• We waited 1 year. The intervention didn't work, either. We tried clomid and intrauterine insemination. We were not willing to go forward with more aggressive therapy. When we decided to get medical help, we started the adoption process as well. After the 3rd IUI cycle didnt' work-- we stopped trying.

I personally believe in little miracles-- at Christmas time I wrote to "Santa" at Macy's and asked for a baby to come home. I put it in their red mailbox. I meant a referral for our adoption-- instead I found out I was pregnant a month later.

Get your blood levels checked out-- there are a lot of hormones at play, so you want to make sure that all the levels are appropriate. If you can identify a problem, it's a lot easier to address. In our case, all of our levels were great-- there was no explanation for why we weren't getting pregnant. It was simply a matter of time.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• no, the minute you stop trying, you won't get pg. What i think she may mean is that stress makes it difficult. Sometimes there are medical factors that have to be addressed to get pg. My sister treid for over 5 years, then one dr. figured out she was progesterone low, treated her and she is due soon. We have been ttc for over 2 years. We tried on our own for the first year, little did i know i wasn't ovulating on my own. We are now doing shots and hoping every month. It's hard. I don't let on to other's how hard it is. Another feind of ours got pg. after trying for 5 or 6 years. I figure, i've got a few more years before i'll be completely hopeless. Wow, that kinda sounds sad. I have one child, this is 2nd time infertiiity, and i guess i know how much i love my son that keeps me "drvien" to keep trying. I can't imagine my world w/o my son, so i know this next baby *fingers crossed* will be a blessing too.
    Anonymous

• With this one, we had been trying for about 6 months. Then when we stop trying, it happens. My SIL has a friend who was having problems conceiving. Her and her husband decided to adopt. Shortly after they adopted their child, she got pregnant. They now have two biological children and one adopted one.
    MOM2JEM

Answer by MOM2JEM at 12:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We tried over a year and than we got treatment, it was very stressful and it didn't work on me so we stopped it 6 month later. We then had dh's sperm evaluated and found out that it really was me and the docs said that we are probably not going to have children. We kept trying 4 more years with no luck and my dh was 1 year away from being 30 so we said if we are not pregnant by him turning 30 we will just adopt and became very relaxed about all of it. Well in that year I became pregnant :) So don't give up hope
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 2:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We are a little over the year and a half mark and lately I have just been losing hope.
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Thank you all so much, its hard sometimes when things arent working out the way you had hoped. =)
    Bluesnowflakes

Answer by Bluesnowflakes at 1:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2009