what if my 4month son doesnt like tummy time, he'll just roll over on his back most of the time

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine did that. I stopped worrying about tummy time because it was a losing battle. He never crawled but went straight to walking at ten months.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• yea thats what i think my son's going to do cause hes always trying to stand up but i feel like his neck muscles arent gonna be strong enough

• My daughter HATED, LOATHED, DESPISED tummy time. I fretted about it for about 2 days, and then just caved, realizing in the end that she was just fine without it. It doesn't do anything for them that other play can't mimick. You just have to help him with proping his little head up and getting his neck muscle strength up, both of which are easy to do without tummy time.

Answer by smilinghug at 9:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• do you have one of those toys that he can play with while on his back...I don't know what they are called but I know wal mart has them...I used one for my son but he liked tummy might want to try that...

Answer by Safirejewl at 10:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009