How can I put my mother n law in her place without hurting my husband's feelings?

My mother in law goes behind my back and talks my husband into all kinds of crap. And talks negative about me to my kids.

MCBossLady

Asked by MCBossLady at 7:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• I think the only way you can do this is by talking to your DH first. He should be able to say no to her or to not talk about you. Until your DH stands up to his mom and sticks up for you nothing will change (I k now that personally) good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 8:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Honestly I think it's first and foremost your HUSBAND'S job to stand up to his mother. Just as the other mom said...until he stands up to her nothing will change no matter what you do.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• yep, they are right.
    but, to make your husband stick up for you, try to talk to him in nice way, explain that you feel hurt when you hear "this or that", do not accuse his mother, you know what I mean?
    Lalesca

Answer by Lalesca at 8:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Talk to your husband about his mother's poor behavior. Tell him how much it hurts you and what you would like to be discussed with her. I would let him talk to her about it. It will go over better coming from him and he will be on your side in the discussion.
    FriendlyJas

Answer by FriendlyJas at 8:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I HEAR YA IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING. MY MEDDLING MOTHER IN LAW THINKS SHE KNOWS IT ALL. ITS HARD TO STAND YOUR GROUND WITHOUT HURTING SOMEONE'S FEELINGS. BEST ADVICE HAVE YOUR HUSBAND TALK TO HER.
    veronica992

Answer by veronica992 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I agree with the other answers.....He is responsible for his mom. you should be responsible for yours......If she only does stuff behind his back...insist he is present when ever she is around.
    Wellygrrl

Answer by Wellygrrl at 11:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008