how can i stop my daughter from taking hair ties and clips from her hair?

no matter what i put in my daughters hair she takes it out. her hair gets so messy and on top of that its sooo hot to not put her hair up and out of her face

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if she keeps taking them out then just dont put them in. if she gets too warm from it tell her that thats what the clips and ponytails were for to make her hair not so warm and out of her face.

she wont die just from having her hair down.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Have you tried putting them in her hair when she is totally caught up in something else...like a show or song...or a new toy.....

If she doesnt realize you are putting them in, then she may not think to bother them.

And make sure they are not somehow hurting her head...maybe she is taking them out because they pull or are too tight...just a suggestion...dont know.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My dd is 16 months old and she does the same thing. Luckily her hair isn't really thick yet and it's only just long enough to get in her eyes so I can usually keep it pushed out of the way. She kept a clip in the other day for a while because I put it in after her bath and she was really busy looking at a book when I did it so I don't think she realized it was in there. Of course later when she felt it she pulled it out. But yeah, try putting them in when she's distracted.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My girl would never keep them in her hair until she magically decided she can't live without them at like 2.

Try taking her to the mirror and showing her how "pretty" she looks with them. Keep trying, she'll let you eventually.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• UGH!! That is so frustrating isn't it!!

My 13 month old does the same thing! Her hair is so long (and curly) that she HAS to have some sort of clip/barrette in her hair in order for her hair to look nice. But 5 minutes after I fix her hair, she pulls it out! I've tried to distract her, but she figures it out.

I'm thinking of having her hair slightly trimmed, so it looks nice with or without a hair clip. It's just a little embarrassing when we go in public, because I don't want people to think I didn't comb my daughter's hair! If they only knew...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009