SIDS risk??

I just saw someone say that sleeping through the night is a SIDS risk, is that true??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's just nuts.

Being born is a SIDS risk.

Living causes death.
    Anonymous

• no if it was then we'd all be waking up our babies at night. u just have to make sure that ur baby is on its back not the tummy
    Anonymous

• This question is SO vague. How old? Are they sleeping extremely long? My LO started sleeping through the night just over 3 months! I was ECSTATIC! lol
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 9:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• 4 months
    Anonymous

• they say when they are Newborn it can increase if they dont wake up because it can cause their bloodsugar to drop, my son started sleepin thru the night 8hrs at 2 1/2 months
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think that's crazy my son was sleeping anywhere from 6-8 hours a night at 2 days old. I was EXTREMELY lucky.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't think so.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• If this is true I assume it's because the baby sleeps deeper and that increases the risk. I did read in one article that one reason they think that a breastfed baby has a decreased risk of SIDS is because they wake more at night to eat... and therefore don't sleep as deep. So it's probably the same thing.
    And I think it's between 2-6 month (I might have the months wrong) that the risk increases... and that is when many children start sleeping through the night... so maybe there is something to that theory.
    Either way...a there isn't much you can do about SIDS as long as you are doing every thing else to try to prevent it... like having your baby sleep on their back, not smoking, fan in room.... (and all the other ones)
    If you are nervous about it (I was SO paranoid!) buy a movement monitor... it's totally worth it if you can't sleep at night because you keep checking your baby.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2009