Legal advice please, until I can call the court tomorrow?

My ex husband paid child support bi-weekly and it ended on jusy 15th. That was a bi-week and he got paid the following day. He and his lawyer are trying to say he "paid ahead"? What he means is after having my son all summer, then him having him for 3 weeks, and my son then coming back for the school yr he gave me a small amount of money(that was no where near what was LATER court ordered)for roughly 3 months. So basically my question is:does that matter? Their is no evidence of that money , nor was it child support as it was not court ordered yet. as a matter of fact he refused to pay anything for months because a judge hadnt ordered it. If the court order says "ending on july 15th" doesnt he owe me a final pmt? I am calling the court in the morning but am so angry I thought maybe asking for info here would help me calm down.
I need that money for my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• First, you should NEVER count on child support, it is not guaranteed even if it is court ordered. Second, if he paid something and there was no court order, it is more likely going to be considered a "gift". You should really just talk to the courts, child support or an attorney because laws vary from state to state. Sorry, I wish I can be more help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• The courts will keep track of what is paid via child support. What he says has no bearing on what the court will say. Leave it up to the system, they have all the facts. Just ignore what they are saying until you find out for sure. Child Support only ends when the COURT says it ends.
    Anonymous

• ty ladies, I just needed to hear I was right on this. Ex tends to make me feel very small and dumb at times and thats not me anymoreAs for not depending on child support, it is taken from his check and this last payment was due the day before his check came in, or it wouldnt be an issue. How shady is it that the minute it isnt taken out he tries to weasel out of it.ty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009