Chicken Pox ????

My little boy is two and a half and he has just this afternoon appeared with these red dots on his upper thighs & a few on his belly(the spots/dots are not clear on the top). I though bites possibly but there are to many and he said he didn't get bit by anything at his day school. I am concerned I called the pediatrician and we are going in the morning to make sure.

yenko

Asked by yenko at 9:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could they be a heat rash or from shaffing
    Anonymous

• sometimes my kids get bumps around by the diaper from the heat i think
    Anonymous

• No I don't think it is a heat or diaper rash ( he is in big boy underwear). The red spots are more on the thigh & leg not so much on the buttocks underpants area.
    Thanks for the input though.
    yenko

Answer by yenko at 9:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My daughter has a virus right now (according to her pediatrician) and has diarrhea, a fever, and red spots all over her legs, arms, belly, back, and especially face. He says it is normal to have the spots, although I have never heard of this. I trust him, but not blindly. If they don't clear up in the next few days, I am taking her back.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Well the Pediatrician said it is a viral rash and not chicken pox. I explained he had cold like symptoms the previous week without any fevers.
    Thanks to all of you for your input I really appreciate it.
    yenko

Answer by yenko at 9:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2009