Is essure really safe?

I have been contemplating what birth control method to get, not planning to have anymore kids, should have gotten my tubes tied w/ my last but at that time the hubby and i wasn't sure it was it since i wanted a boy so bad but now we are sure...don't know if dr's are really honest about procedure and method. I've gone to their site and don't know if it is legit w/ real people ( can't tell if they're paid actors). I'm scared it might mess up my body/hormones.

thongseng

Asked by thongseng at 9:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Health

• i've seen that same thing on youtube. i don't know anything about it other than what i have seen on there. if you do find out please let me know thankyou
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• A diaphram is really safe.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am getting it done soon. It is safe. It doesn't mess with hormones, that is the beauty of it. All it does is cause scar tissue where they would be cutting if you were go to get a tubal ligation. However, it cannot reverse itself like tubals sometimes do. The one OBGYN I saw highly recommended it if you were sure you were done and over 30 (I'm not over 30 though). They said they have only had 1 pregnancy occur and they see more than that after tubals and vasectomies. And they have had no complaints. The new OBGYN I am seeing also highly recommends it and will do it no matter your age. Once again, he has never had any complaints about it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:25 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• FYI...I found more info and discussion forum on Aphrodite's Discussion Forums in regards to this topic...help with my research and decision.
    thongseng

Answer by thongseng at 2:08 PM on Aug. 4, 2009