Married or not????

Did you live with your husband before you were married??? Do you still live with your boyfriend/fiance??I am just curious about the opinions about this. I live with my BF and his mom. Everyone gives me bull about it....Should i listen to them??? the y all tell me it is disrespctful to his mother!!! I've known these people for almost 7 years. What is your ststus and what would you do??????

SamiS7

Asked by SamiS7 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Me & dh started dating in Highschool.. He moved in with me & my mom in the 11th grade.. We have been together a total of 10yrs.. Married only 1 year.. We have a 3yo dd.. We still live with my mom...
    Screw them! Yes its hard to face some friends cause they look at us weird.. But its whats best for all of us. my mom WANTS us to live with her.. No ONE can judge you!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am married. We didn't live together first.

As a Mom of boys I would not allow a girlfriend to live with us. If they want to live together that is their choice. It just won't be under my roof.

We are devout Catholics and this just goes against our beliefs.

OP, I am in no way judging you. Each person must make their own decisions. It is not my place to judge you.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I did not live with either my 1st or my current husband before we were married. I would not ever want my children to live with their future spouse, so as a mother I would never live with a man I was not married to.

Answer by missanc at 9:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Thanks for your opinions!!!!!
    SamiS7

Answer by SamiS7 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I hope you are paying 1/3 of the bills

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• He actually owns the house. He re did the whole house bought air-conditioner. And also provides her with a job. I clean the house all the time. Just thought i would add that stuff on there. But hey thanks for being honest!!
    SamiS7

Answer by SamiS7 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• SO and I live together. we were friends for a while, started dating and 3 months later I was preggo lol. we don't have plans to get married yet. we dont want to get married just because we have a baby. not that we dont love each other, we just arent married right now. we have discussed our relationship and we both agreed we are "stuck with each other" forever =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Do what you feel is right. Don't let what others THINK bother you. I have lived with a guy before for a few months, and then we got married, We were married for 1 year and 1 month. I lived with a guy for 6 years after that who abused me, and we talked about getting married and never got around to it. I'm glad that I didn't because it would be harder to get away from him. Right now it's bad enough going through everything with the kids, but I wouldn't let any one pressure you because when you are under presser you may not make good choices.
    Anonymous

• I live with my SO, but we have our own house. I think if the mom is ok with it, then you shouldn't let other peoples' opinions bother you.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Do you, stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. I lived with my ex for 2 years before we split. He's in Atlanta Georgia now, and we're great friends. People are so judgemental, do what you feel is right. I had family members too telling me that its a sin, and its wrong. Now that i'm by myself ,their telling me to find a boyfriend. My point is, people will drive you nuts, who cares what others think.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009