? for Single Moms

Have any of you tried any of the online dating sites?
If so how did it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• My girlfriend got on one and I had to create a profile to 'suggest' guys for her or whatever. I had all kinds of weirdos contact me and never talked to any of them so I told her she was on her own! She stayed on there and ended up meeting the guy she is marrying next fall! But she had to go through a few weirdos in the mean time too. I always worried about her when she would meet up with them but she was smart... only public places, ran them through sex offender bases ect. I like to meet people in real life, not on-line.
    Is good for some and not great for others! Check it out, have fun and be careful!
    Becky1979

Answer by Becky1979 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I tried MatchDoctor.com before I was a single mom. I met a great guy, we were together for a year but it ended when he suddenly decided he didn't want kids. o_O I haven't tried it since becoming a mom. If nothing else you'll have an adventure! Just meet in a public place and talk to his friends.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I used Match.com, plentyoffish.com and friendfinder.com and met some great guys. I met SO thru yahoo personals

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I never do that, a lot of weirdos out there, sorry. My sister did and the guy ended up being married. You just have to be careful, not just for your safety, but a lot of these guys have families at home, and this is the best way they can cheat and be discreet about it. I guess I'm sort of cautious, maybe this is why I'm single because I'm so picky and cautious. I guess whatever rocks your boat, give it a try, but don't give out your phone number or address, and if you do meet someone, make sure you take a friend with you when you go.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009