Any one know of some tastey placenta recipies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• lol eww are u serious?
    Anonymous

• troll
    Anonymous

• Are you giving birth at home by yourself? Otherwise, I believe the health department requires that the placenta be collected and disposed as biohazard waste. They do give licenses to certain people to "cook" the placenta and turn it into pills.

I have heard of some people burying the placenta in gardens and planting something over it. You should check out your local resources.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I say saute' it with a nice Chianti and some fave beans.

lolamac

Answer by lolamac at 9:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• OP- No more a troll than you are anon :41. I intend to eat some of it raw, but I want to cook the rest and eat it so it lasts longer. Obviously, I just don't want any one to know who is behind this crazy scheme though =}

Anonymous

• That is just disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Encapsulate it. Just google 'placentophagia' for more info. I don't know any other way of consuming it, but I'm sure there are more ways.

Anonymous

• what?
    Mrs.sarita

Answer by Mrs.sarita at 10:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I've heard of this ,but wouldn't that be considered cannibalism because you are eating a part of a human body? I think it's just gross! My opnion!
    Anonymous

• I'd go with encapsulation too, frankly, over actually cooking and eating it. You just clean it, dehydrate the tissue on the maternal side of the placenta, and then crush it up into those gel caps.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 11:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009