how can a newborn sit up earily

what do you think about a week and four day old baby sitting up because my daughters baby just sat up and laid herself back down wow.

sweetie44

Asked by sweetie44 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• uhhh was she laying flat on her back or was she propped up? If she was propped up into a sitting position it is not uncommon for a baby to pull themselves forward a bit and then fall back. I seriously doubt a week old baby sat all the way up on her own unassisted.
    Anonymous

• some can some cant it all depends on the baby. My nephew flipped over the second he came out. she might not do it again for a while but thats how they learn they get it then they dont then they get it ETC. My daughter was sitting up at 5 months old and my son at 6 months old. My niece was sittin up around 7 or 8 months
    Anonymous

• I can belive it. My son is only 6 weeks old and he is already rolling over. And he does it all the time.
    Anonymous

• Do her muscles always seem tense? Just wondering, dd was like this but we had to assist her in stretching almost from day 1 because her muscles were actually too tight. We were just amazed at how quickly she learned to roll over, pull herself up on all fours,etc. Turns out that while it isn't a horribly bad thing, it isn't great for their muscles to be too tight. High tone is what they called it.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 10:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009