No sex drive after pregnancy, is this normal?

I have a 6 month old and ever since I delivered I never feel like having sex. I've heard other women say they same thing but is there anything I can do to help?

msfila1980

Asked by msfila1980 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• i'm 15 months post partum and am still experiencing lack of sex drive. I still satisfy SO, but i just...dont have that urge like I used to. yesterday was a first lol. some moms told me it could be a hormonal imbalance, others said chasing around and caring for my toddler all day might just be wearing me out. I dont really feel that way though. I mean yes I feel tired at the end of the day when he's in bed for the night, but I dont feel like i'm too exhausted to have sex..I just...dont feel horny. what works for me..as silly as I feel admitting this, is watching porn lol or if I satisfy SO, once we're started it feels good and the "i'm horny" chemicals kick in. what causes this delay i'm not sure. but you're not alone!
    Anonymous

• I felt that way, but I can't say if it was because of pregnancy, hormones, or abuse. After a while, I got a sex drive back, but no interest in having sex with my exSO. I would want it so bad and he could walk in the room and I wouldn't want it any more.
    Anonymous

• I actually had crazy urges after no drive during pregnancy. I think it is really normal though, especially if you are BF or on the pill.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 10:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am going through that now. I am just to tired to have sex. My body has changed. Having a c section changes things down below. I lost some feelings. It's major surgery. I would suggest if you have a great family to take the kids for a while or a weekend while you and your hubby go away and rent a cabin...when you have a child, it's true, it changes everything. All your time goes to your kids.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 10:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'm there to and have no idea how to fix it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 28, 2009