Troublesom In Laws

So my shower is soon and my hubby does not want to invite certain family member because he thinks that they will start drama with me, as they have in the past. I am trying to tell him that if they do then thats them but I never feed into it so it doesnt matter.

I think he's worried that it will start some major issues being that, my side of the family does not like these select (couple not all ppl on his side) people, more like they dont like how they treat me. And even though my family is pretty laid back they are not afraid to tell u where to go when u get out of line, and it won't be in a nice way.

So should they still be invited? Have you had any experiences like this? What was the turn out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I dont think because some people are stupid and cant get along, that the guest of honor (you) should have to deal with the stress of 2 showers. If they cant be civil, they shouldnt come. Period. I have this problem with my kid's bdays. I'm inviting everyone, and if they cant act right, they can leave. throwing a party is enough stress, especially when ur pregnant. I say go with the "I dont care how you feel, it's my party, attitude". Their stupidity is not your problem.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• well if they are his family, and he sees it, than i'd agree with him. theres no reason for you to listen to it, why would you even want to invite them if they treat you so crappy that their family member sees it?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• OP

I can tell he wants to invite them. Its not my personal choice if they go because they are his family. My point was that I am having 70 ppl from my own family there. I would think that knowing that I am going to be doing my own thing, I dont need to socialize with those 2 ppl anyway. But Nothing is certain, they could just not care and return to being how they typically are, which I'll ignore usually or tell them to F@@k off. LOL But My hope was that they could be civil...but I dunno thats why I wanted other ppl's advice and stories, so I can make a better decision
    Anonymous

• I would invite them ... no need to stir up more drama by not inviting them.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• why not have 2 showers?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am the queen of shitty in laws. My husband's parents are divorced from each other and remarried. They do not and will not get along. His dad is the spawn of the devil and is manipulative and horrible wth no tact. FIL and stepmother wanted to throw my baby shower, but they only wanted to get a Buffet restaurant section that holds 40 people (the place has gross food and I had to invite more than that). 40 people would only have been enough room for FIL and his side of the family and my parents and sister, not my husband's mother and her family. We told them that due to pregnancy sickness, I could not eat at that restaurant, they got offended and backed out. MIL threw the party in a Hall with a good caterer, and aall my fam & friends could be invited. I wasnt allowed to invite stepmother and Grandma on FIL side, because they wouldnt invite MIL. Somehow their fight is my problem, but I chose the better baby shower, over FIL
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Why is he or you even involved in the guest list? Who ever is throwing you the shower should be handling it. But family is family and they should all be invited. If they cause drama ignore them.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• we are involved because this is the first time both families will be together and the planner does not knw anyone on his side
    Anonymous