Padded bras for little kids

Ok so I was at Wal-Mart a few days ago with dh and dd and we walked past the little kids (4-13) underwear and I saw padded bras and I was in total shock, and sickened by the fact that little children are put in or want padded bras so my question is what are your thoughts on padded bras and young kids?? I think its totally sick and people are just begging to have a child molestor attack their children. I mean kids grow up fast enough as it is why make them look older with padded bras

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 10:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• i think its wrong . They also make booty shorts and booty panties for teens. my bf brought his 4 yr old daughter over here when i put her to bed she had damn booty panties on.. needless to say they are now in the trash!
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• yea I've seen those too, it grosses me out. Almost as bad as child thongs. Disgusting!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My ex DH sent DD home from a visit wearing black & pink bikini panties. I was floored--they were lace trimmed & everything. I couldn't believe they made them, let alone that ex DH was stupid enough to buy them. Needless to say, they "disappeared." I think little kids should be little kids. I don't like seeing little girls in short shorts or skimpy tops.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Hate to say it but there are 9 year old girls that have boobs. There is nothing wrong with the sports type bras, but I would draw the line at padded ones.

chrstny88: If I was your bf's childs mom, I would be having major issues with you throwing my kids clothes away, It is NOT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE. YOU ARE NOT HER PARENT.IT IS HER MOTHER AND FATHER'S DECISION.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I had boobs when I was 9...I think I was a c-cup.
    Anonymous

• Tyfry if this child was in HER home it is her business. I would have thrown them in the trash also. Sounds like the GF has more intelligence then the mother of this 4 year old.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I know someone who found some kiddie thongs once...very disturbing. No wonder kids are having sex at sich a young age these days. We encourage our little daughters to be 'sexy and wear push up bras and mini skirts. If I ever have a daughter she will not dress like a prosti-tot, which is my brother in law's word for the young girls today who dress suggestively at the ripe old age of 9!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 10:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i have 2 girls and i am not planning on buying them padded bras soon ..i dont mind or care if other kids wear them who cares...Its the parnents fault for buying them and if they like it so be it..
    Mrs.sarita

Answer by Mrs.sarita at 10:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• ok, going to play devil's advocate, but I prefer padded bras for myself(LIGHT padding cause of being larger) ONLY because it keeps my nipples from showing when I am cold. MAYBE that is why some parents choose to use them for their younger daughters. PLUS some girls grow breasts as early as 6 or 7(I had like half A cups by the time I was 8) and MAY need them to hide their nipples as well?
    Anonymous

• I was pretty much developed about 9 or 10...I remember starting my monthly at 9.I do have a daughter and she is NOT going to wear that kind of bra though or thongs,or slutty short skirts.When she is in high school (or maybe even junior high ) I will check her backpack for change of clothes too.(just because they LEAVE for school in one outfit doesn't mean they won't change once they get there)My babygirl is only 2,but she is already showing signs of being a daredevil-I'm thinking she is going to be a fun one to raise.Who knows-the rate things are going right now it might be cool to go to school with NO pants on by then!
    (ok-that's ridiculous)
    maidmomma

Answer by maidmomma at 10:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009