Metabolism booster??

We came across some info that Apple Cider Vinager helps to boost your metabolism amoung many other healthful benefits. We take 2 tablespooons full before dinner. My hubby looks better already but we have been doing many things to stay trim this summer, so it may be unrelated to the vinager. It was really hard to get down the first 2 days, now it's not so bad. Anyway, the research shows some benfits for sure, but I want to if anyone knows anything about this? What a cheap thing to do if it works!!

scout575

Asked by scout575 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I've heard of ths before...can't say I've tried it though...good for you two being adventurous and working on your fitness together! From the way I understand it, it's supposed to be upping your antioxidants to clear FREE RADICALS, improving cell health and overall function...I use one of the super food juices, still j ust 2 tb a day, but it's been researched and proven effective by the USDA, and it is around a dollar a day, my guy and I started at the first of July with it...so far we both seem to have a little more energy...and I've noticed clearer skin, Please let me know how it continues to work for you, I also heard you were supposed to take the vinegar with honey...but I think that's just for the taste, lol...although if you suffer from allergies local honey will stop your symptoms in thier tracks. Thanks for sharing, I'm always looking for bargains, with value, and moms to share them with
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 11:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Wow that seems easy AND simple. Ive never heard of this. Very interesting!! Thanks!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 8:13 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• ACV has many health benefits, such as helping rebuild your immune system, and certain can't hurt.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• the apple vinegar is also good for urinary tract health. I used it for a while for that. The only down fall to using it which was a big one to me is that swallowing vinegar can be harsh on your throat and there can be bad longterm effects on your esophogus.
    thekinseyfam

Answer by thekinseyfam at 10:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I am currently taken ACV also, but not for weight loss, for urinary tract health. It really helps...but I see no advantages in losing weight with it, I will keep with it. That would be great if it also helped with weight loss. How much have you lost? And when did you start seeing the results?
    carypenrod

Answer by carypenrod at 2:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2009