Anorexia

Has anyone had anorexia? How did you overcome it or have you? How did it start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Health

• I haven't had it but I hear that people that do may have had something trigger it. They were either told they eat to much. They aren't thin enough etc..when in fact there's nothing wrong with them and this messes with their mind. So, they stop eating so they will be accepted. It's a disease. And, if they have it, they will need help.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 10:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I did/do have anorexia and bulimia. It started when I was in high school and peaked a couple years ago when I got married. I have since been in therapy and are in a recovery stage. I don't think it is ever beat, it is just managed. Best of luck if you have a good issue!
    Anonymous

• Someone with anorexia needs medical help. They need to be in therapy to recover and it isn't an easy thing to recover from.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009