Spots with a virus??

My daughter has a virus (with diarrhea and fever). She also has spots all over her body, legs, arms, belly, back, and especially face. I took her to the doc and he said the spots were because of the virus... Any of you ever heard of this?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 10:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids have had a couple different things like that. None have been serious. My daughter, several months ago had a virus with a very itchy rash - spots all over. It took several long weeks before the rash disappeared. I ended up buying an over the counter cream and mixing it with her lotion to help with the itch. Anyway, other than an annoyance, it has never been serious. My boys have had a couple of virus' like that, only the rash appeared after aLl the other symptoms (I believe it was Fifths disease).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My son has a non-contagious rash at the moment that he got from his brother at the moment. lol My youngest was the third child at the daycare to get it (I only know this because I work there and the kids are in my class) Both of the other two children went to the doctor, different doctors, and the mom's were told, it is a non contagious rash caused by a virus. I took my son when he got it and was told the same thing. Thing is, none of these kids were sick before hand that we know of. And I would have known at least if my son was. Anyway, now my other son has it. But it is little spots like you described everywhere. For my first son it went away in about 5 days. My other son has had it for about 4. It looks really bad before it goes away.
    Anonymous

• I would really question the doctors you all are going to--non-contagious means that others cannot get it from you, but if it is being spread around the daycare obviously it is contagious
    kittys_mom876

Answer by kittys_mom876 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• The rash is often not contagious, and by the time the rash pops out the virus is not contagious either. Often I think it is before the rash comes that the kid is contagious. That may have been what the doctor meant.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Well, my son had a "viral rash" which turned out to be a reaction to amoxicillin - his started itching though after the first day
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 28, 2009