Greta interview with Cops ex-boss?

Did anyone catch the interview with him? I think Gate's is the reason behind this BS. He is a disgrace to education.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 10:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I did not can you give a run down?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• From the interview the ex-boss stated the cop called him around 2 hours after the incident. Gates called him a racist and continued the name calling, bringing his mother into the rants. The officer explained to Gates to stop or he would be taken for his conduct, yelling and making a scene.
    I am disgusted at Gates behavior, he is a poor example for students with that behavior.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'm disappointed in both Gates reaction and Obamas comments about the police officer. I mean this man taught racial profiling classes and how wrong it was for petes sake. Yea I'm sure they are going to choose an officer who is racist to teach a class about how racial profiling shouldn't be used. Gates was acting like a pretentious prick and Obama made himself look stupid with his remarks and not knowing the whole story before he made a comment on live television about how the officer acted "stupidly". But at least he said that he was biased on this since Gates is his friend, so we knew he was going to stick up for him no matter what the situation was.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• The guy with the gun and the badge is the one that is trained to diffuse the situation.....and who was wrong? the charges were DROPPED
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I supported the officer the whole time, he was just doing his job as a professional
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 2:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Hmmm, the charges were dropped against against Obama's buddy. Yep, that means Gates must not have done anything wrong all right....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't believe for a second that the officer was calm. I don't know how many of these scenes you have personally witnessed but I have seen first hand dozens. Usually the officer is NOT calm (99%) of the time, yelling, demanding.....being abusive of his or her power. First, Gates did not legally have to step outside of his home, he did not have to legally show identification. If the officer demanded he do so, which he admitted he did, then the problem was he WAS targeting Gates. You can ask but you don't insist or demand. Instead you say, "I believe there may be other unwanted individuals in your home that may be dangerous. Please step outside for your safety." You do NOT do a 20 questions game. Every GOOD and HONEST officer knows that as a fact. So was he being racist? Well, at the minimum he was being stupid.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Crawley also now says his report is inaccurate...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Professor Sh*tstirrer can't keep his mouth shut. The charges should have NEVER been dropped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• How is an officer of the law supposed to tell who is a home owner if he gets a call of a break in and the only person at the home says, " I am the homeowner", and refuses to show any ID to prove it. I would be very upset if my home were broken into, and the cops accepted the persons word that they were the homeowner and let the guy loose to do what ever crime against me he wanted.

Criminals lie, so the innocent have to prove their innocence.

How are law officers to tell the the difference between a lie and truth when they only have the spoken word to go on

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 8:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2009