Would it be alright to give her Tylenol?

Ok, so my daughter has been fussing soooo much the last couple of days and I just don't know why! I thought that it might be from the shots, but it's been a week since she got them so I know that isn't it. Now she's been very bitey when breastfeeding and is constantly gnawing, not sucking, on her hand. I don't know if that is just normal for a baby her age(4 months). She HAS been passing a lot of gas lately too but when she is fussing she's not bringing up her legs like it's her tummy that is bothering her. My question is this: Would it be ok to give her Children's Tylenol that was prescribed to her to relieve the discomfort from the shots, to see if it makes her feel any better? I don't know if I should since I'm not sure that she is teething...

Or should I just suck it up and call the doc?

AutumnsMom31309

Asked by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may be teething.. I'd call her pediatrician and ask them but I do think she may possibly be teething just by what you say (the grumpiness, gnawing more often, etc,etc)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'd call the doctor right now. I hope he has call waiting. It sounds like she's teething. Call the doctor on call.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 10:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You should call the doctor when you have questions about her medications. No one on cafemom can safely tell you what's best for your baby.

Anonymous

• If it's teething skip out on the tylenol or other medications and get her some teething rings or cold cloths to gnaw on it will help subside the discomfort without medicating at such a young age.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My doctor told us that 4 months shots are little worse than 2 month shots. I dont know why. Good luck hun
    Anonymous

• my daughter loved washcloths to chew on.. and she started this same behavior at the same time.. right around 4 months.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• it sounds like shes teething. tylenol should be fine. its not harmful. if it was, they wouldnt of suggested it.
    my daughter did the same thing when she was breastfed.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Sounds like teething. We used Orajel Swabs and Tylenol on our DD when she was teething. She also like teething rings.
    MOM2JEM

Answer by MOM2JEM at 11:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Tylenol will help with the teething or the pain from the shots. She should only have infants Tylenol though not childrens and make sure u have the correct dosage. I suggest trying the tylenol before u call the doc.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2009