How do I know if his conjestion is putting my 6 week old in danger?

So he is a c-section baby with small nasal passages. He is conjested and you can hear it in his nose and throat. The ped doesn't seem too worried but I'm freaking out. It's horrible in the morning to where he is soo stopped up to where i put saline in and he can't catch his breath. Just tonight it started up a little and when I put him down to sleep, his breathing was really heavy.. should i be worried for him not to breath? I'm doing everything and waiting it out but I don't know.

raeandreidmom

Asked by raeandreidmom at 10:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried a humidifier in his room?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My first born was SO sick like this, for several weeks shortly after birth. I put him in his carseat to sleep at night so he was inclined a little. I also slept in a recliner with him on my chest when he was at his worst. Don't use the nasal bulb too much. It can irritate and inflame the passages. If he starts getting blue around the mouth that is when you need to be concerned. On the plus side, once he is better, you will be SO relaxed when he gets sick again because it probably won't be as bad! Lol. All my friends that were new mommies would rush to the doctor, and with my son I knew he would be fine (after what we went through in the beginning).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would have him sleep in a bouncy seat or swing so he is a little upright at least. That will help him breathe.
    Anonymous

• You could also try buying one of those wedges that prop the baby up just a little bit.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• he should be fine. just prop him up so its easier for him to breathe. and a humidifier.

but i was like you, my sons doc didnt seem concerned, so i got fed up with it, cause it didnt seem right to me, so i took him to the ER and he had a small case of pnemonia, thank god i just had to give him meds for 4 days. it couldve been alot worse. but the only difference is, my son was about 5 months old when this happened =/ good luck. i hope he gets better sooner than soon
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree put him in the bouncy seat to sleep. Place it by your bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2009