Are frozen pancakes just as good?

I'm planning on making pancakes tomorrow morning and I was wondering if I could make a big batch and freeze the leftovers? Will they still be as good or will the get weird in the freezer?

Inle_Rabbit

Asked by Inle_Rabbit at 10:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We like them fine after freezing. To heat them up you can put them in the toaster or in the oven on a cookie sheet.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I do this a lot when I'm making pancakes. Its great for a quick breakfast before school. They come out fine.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• They are pretty good frozen.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I only like them fresh but the batter can be made a head and it will keep for a day. add another pinch of baking powder if you have to keep over 24 hours.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I do that all the time with pancakes and waffles. Makes for quick work on busy mornings. We usually toss them in the toaster or microwave. I think they are a little rubbery done in the microwave but the kids don't seem to care, lol. Then again, they'll eat them cold or after they sat on the counter all night and are all hard. My kids are strange.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Absolutely. I make pancakes or waffles on the weekends for on-the-go breakfasts

Answer by rkoloms at 12:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I've done that, just microwave them and they're ok. Not quite as good as fresh ones, but definitely not bad.
    DCchick06

Answer by DCchick06 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009