Why do you think Jesus is God?

Please give me good answers cuz I don't think he is God or son of God. make me believe it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• As a Unitarian I don't believe He is either.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Nope and no one can make you believe unless you allow them to control you decisions for you...it is something you have to decide for yourself.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    Isaiah 43:10,11 - “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
    Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)

Isaiah 44:6 - (God is the Redeemer)
    2 Peter 1:1 (Jesus is the Redeemer) - “To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ”

Isaiah 44:24 - (God created the world by His self alone)
    John 1:3; Colossians 1:16 - (Jesus made all things)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.1:14-And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, John 5:17,18 - “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” Therefore the Jews sought to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:23- that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. John 8:24 - “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM He, you will die in your sins.” John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Acts 4:12 - “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
    Acts 20:28 - (God purchased us with His own blood)
    Revelation 1:5,6; Revelation 5:8-9 - (Jesus' blood purchased us
    Philippians 2:5-7 - Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond-servant, and coming in the likeness of men.
    1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
    Titus 2:13 -looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ
    Hebrews 1:8,9 But to the Son He (God) says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Hebrews 2:17,18 - “Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.”
    Hebrews 4:15,16 - “For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
    1 Peter 2:24 - “who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, might live for righteousness - by whose stripes you were healed.”
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. John 1:1

The bible many time refers to Jesus/the son of God as the word. Also if you read the Hebrew word of God it's Elohim, do a study on that and you will find out that Elohim means in a nutshell many in one. So like you and your husband are one, aka united in thought and motivation. God is talke about as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit/Ghost. Gos in fact three but one. They are of one mind and one goal for all creation :) Don't believe me look it up for yourself :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• He went from sovereignty to shame and from deity to death? Why!? For you.
    John 15:13 - “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.”
    Romans 5:8 - “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
    hinson7169

• me neither

I don't think he was any more or less divine then anyone else.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Great verses Hinson : )

I have some other verses that will show you that Jesus is God. Okay, open your Bible and read Revelation 1:8. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “Who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” -- Who is talking in this verse? God, right?

Now turn a few pages to Revelation 22:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End” Who is talking here? Who is the Alpha and Omega, the Fist and Last, Beginning and End? God, right?

Now turn back to Revelations 1:17-18 "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last (stop here and ask again, ‘who is the First and the Last?’). I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!”

Now you have to ask yourself a question here, when did God d
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009