is it nessasary to take my child to the doctor?

My daughter has been gettin 1-2 bumps on her body at a time .they r hard and red around them. It hurts when u touch them. There is no fever and no irritability. I dont want to make a big deal out of nothing but im not sure what it is.

doodleraybug

Asked by doodleraybug at 11:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It's always better to be safe.... especially if you aren't sure what it is. It could be a rash of some sort, or an indication of another problem. Either way, it can't hurt to take her. Hope all goes well!
    FilteredThought

Answer by FilteredThought at 11:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would take her to the Dr, something is going on, is she outside a lot? bug bites? good luck..
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would, Just because she doesn't have a fever doesn't mean something isn't wrong. The fact that they hurt, would be enough for me to take her in. Call the doc when they open and get a same day appointment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• go to the doc. it's better to be safe then sorry. it could be limpnoides that are swelled up or something like that. or it could be some sort of rash. don't make a big deal about it to your child just say the doc wants to look at them or something. good luck
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think you should because from what you posted it seems that the problem is ongoing rather than a one time thing.

pixie_stix

Answer by pixie_stix at 1:32 AM on Jul. 31, 2009