OMGGGGGG I FEEL LIKE IM DYING!!!!!(not pregnancy related) tmi

I have HORRIBLE menstrual cycles! They are regular (on time) but SOOOO heavy! I feel so bloated! TMI....... I can put in a tampon.....and have on a regular pad...and bleed through them both in 4 or so hours!!!!! at night....its horrid! How can I get rid of so much bloating and cramping? Does water help? excersize???? I cant take anymore!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Health

• Check in with your doc on this one. Four hours sounds pretty normal, though. It would be a worry if it was in ONE hour.

Pamprin or Midol can help.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have the Mirena IUD and now have a very light period. All I need now is a pantyliner. If you are not planning of getting pregnant anytime soon it might be an option for you.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am on Yaz birth control pills. My period went from 7 days of heavy bleeding and cramping to 1-2 days, very light and no cramping. Ask your doctor about using birth control pills to help regulate your periods.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am a woman who understand your dilemma. I too has suffered in this manner - the only thing that I can suggest is to talk to your doctor first. You should be checked for fibroids and also ask , if not already on, if putting you on birth control pills would help regulate your cycle while reducing your flow - I had both issues, fibroids (no surgery yet) and very heavy cycles - the birh control pills helped a lot.

Hope this helps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would look at the foods that you eat. Sodium? lots of animal products?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2009