i just got done watching a YAZ (birth control) commercial. if anyone takes it can u tell me if its as good as it says it is and about how long does it take to work and what r the side effects.

i currently dont use a birth control bc i havent had any in awhile but i was wondering if it really works.

superbutteryfly

Asked by superbutteryfly at 7:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Health

• I am on YAZ and it's the best thing. I was on Yasmine and I hated it. It had no effect on me personally. My periods lasted a week, heavy bleeding, achy and cramps. But now that i'm on YAZ, my periods are lite, they last 2-3 days and I have no cramps or backaches.
    LaniGirl72

Answer by LaniGirl72 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I am on Yasmin( Yaz is like the low dose of it) and I loooove it. I'm a big time PMSer and its been much better and I'm even going through post partum depression. I looove it.
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Im on Yaz. Its okay, I like it better than Ortho Tri Cyclen. The only thing is it makes me gain weight, but I think all birth controls have that effect on me. Other than that its pretty good.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I was on Yaz before I got pregnant. I loved it. I wasn't moody or anything like I am on most birth control pills. And I only had a 3 day period.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2008