If Obama's plan passes... will...

it be illegal to pay for medical services out of pocket for things that are elective like surgery that can removed endometriosis for infertility, or a varicocelectomy (removing varicose veins in the scrotum that cause infertility.)

I know that most likely infertility treatment and surgeries will not be covered (see below) but will it be legal to pay a doctor to do them out of pocket?

The reason why I ask is because my dh had varicoceles and I'm worried my son will too. I've done research and its best to get them treated when you're a teen, not wait until your old enough to try to conceive.

So, if its not covered can we pay a dr out of pocket to do it? Or will it be illegal?

I've heard in Canada it's illegal to pay a dr for services............ that's why I ask!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Who knows. You can't ask your Congressman or President about this they haven't read the bill. Ted Kennedy helped write it but with his condition and many years of alcoholism he probably forgot what was in it already.
    Anonymous

• I think it will be legal if you have the money. I know when they said everybody would be able to keep their personal health plan, that was a lie.
    Anonymous

• If its legal, the wait may be years and years.......
    Anonymous

• Go to newworldorderinfo.com and read about the health reform. Hardly anybody has read it. There ARE some things stuck in there that are gling to change everything. There are videos on You Tube about it too.
    Anonymous

• 11:31 ----- You crack me up! LOLOLOL!
    Anonymous

• why wouldn't it be?
    Anonymous

• it be illegal to pay for medical services out of pocket
    _______________________
    No, nothing in the bill says that. It will also not be illegal to have other coverage. Newworldorderinfo.com is not a reliable source, you can see the bill at opencongress.org and read it or any passages people think say these things. It is in legalese, though, and hard to understand, but I followed a couple of links that said that the bill supposedly said these things and it is not true, even i can see that, and I am not a lawyer.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I've read the entire bill, you can still pay for medical services that won't be covered out of pocket. You can also do the same in Canada, I'm not sure who told you that you couldn't but they were wrong.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 1:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• If that comes to be, I would ten times rather pay for a private Dr out of pocket for most of my medical.
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 2:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• 've read the entire bill, you can still pay for medical services that won't be covered out of pocket. You can also do the same in Canada, I'm not sure who told you that you couldn't but they were wrong.

You have read the entire bill? Then you are the only one that has because congress sure hasn't. Conyers said it's a waste of time to read it.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2009