Huge zucchini question

I haven't had a chance to pick produce from the garden in about a week due to all the rain (and working so much). I have 2 zucchini that just got huge, and my daughter's future MIL sent over another 3 huge ones! I am giving a few away, but what can I make with these besides stuffed "peppers"? (I already have a freezer full of shredded zucchini for baking)

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 11:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Casserole or my fave zucchini fries
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Make a veggie stir-fry.. mmmm!!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i fry my zucchini, kinda like fried green tomatos
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 11:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• peel and seed then cook. you can blanch and scallop with cheese ot tempura batter and fry or saute' with a bit of tomatoe, garlic and fresh basil.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Zucchini bread. My neighbor makes one that tastes just like a chocolate cake. Actually, you can shred the zucchini and bake it in brownie and chocolate cake. Fried zucchini is yummy too. It is really good cut in coins that are about 1 inch thick, drizzle olive oil on it along with onion or garlic powder, salt and pepper and grill it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• http://www.cookitsimply.com/category-0020-0c201.html
    it is very simaler to vegetable marrow
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I sometimes batter and fry it. Use it in stir fry. Or just slice it up and saute in olive oil and seasonings and serve as a side dish. Wrap it up in foil with butter and lemon in it and put on the grill. Use on Kabobs.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My aunt once gave us a huge zucchini from her garden. We ended up slicing it into 1/2" slices and frying them in batter. They were so yummy and made a nice quick snack for us. It was the first time I ever had fried zucchini.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I make veggie lasagna out of zucchini, tomatoes, onions, and peppers (and maybe mushrooms). you can make a few and freeze them - line a baking dish with foil, put it together, cover it well, and freeze until hard. then you can take the frozen lasagna out of the pan, wrap with saran wrap or more tinfoil, and put it back in the freezer - it'll hold it's shape w/out the pan.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• zucchini bread
    zucchini parmesan
    zucchini brownies
    zucchini and cheese squares
    not crab cakes (oh so yummy)

Answer by rkoloms at 12:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009