So i know gettin a job that pays enough to pay chilcare and then everything else may be impossibe, but i feel as if we are struggling now and im not doing anything about. If i was to get a job it could help. We have a 3 year old and 2 9 month olds so they wont be starting school any time soon so are we just supposed to struggle until then?

momof3boys1110

Asked by momof3boys1110 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Look into PA. They have programs that can help with childcare, but I think you have to be hired first... not sure.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• There are several things to consider, first, most jobs don't fit preschool hours, even all day preschool. Second, do yo have skills that will allow you to earn enough to offset the cost of day care? Third, what happens when the kids get sick? They are still young and often when they first start preschool they catch everything going around. Also as far as work, you also have to consider other costs, the extra money spent for lunches for you. We all tend to go out more when we are working, the cost of a second vehicle or the additional cost of using that vehicle, the wardrobe necessary for work.
    I would sit down and take a look at what you are spending, often there are ways to save money that people don't even consider.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• How are you not doing anything about it, you are raising 3 kids and running a house hold, I think that's doing a whole lot and then some, besides you working is just going to ware you out, working all day and then come home cook dinner or what not and take care of your kids.
    Child care cost a lot of money you will be basicly paying for that and gas to get to and from work unless you get a really high paying job. Maybe try gettting public assistance it's not like your hubby not putting money into it, I donno this is just my opinion, but you raising 3 kids is a job of it's own and you shouldn't feel like your not helping. God Bless
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• If you don't want to work yes you will have to struggle. You chose to have children and knew your financial situation and will now have to deal with it. We all make choices and have to live with them or make changes to we can make things better. I would suggest working nights three nights a week. Not ideal but it would provide income and you could avoid daycare. Now your kids father would have to care for them but he should be anyway. Friends of mine have done this to get our of debt and keep their families afloat when their husbands hours were cut.
    Anonymous

• babysitting is the best or work at a day care. They let you bring in your kids. And another way to help at home is don't spend by eating out, going to the movies, There are cheap things you can do and that will help.
    I felt the same way when my kids were babies, I babysat and had yard sales. And as long as you take care of the home you are helping out. That is hard work. I choose to stay home and made sure my kids did well in school and I would not change that for any amount of money.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Maybe you can do an online college program? There are lots of financial aid options, loans, grants, scholarships. You can stay home with your children while you complete a program that takes, say a year, and then you will be able to find a job that will actually pay you enough to make it worth working.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I can give you some advice, but maybe you should have thought about this question before you made the babies... just a thought.

Yes, you have to get a job, yes you have to pay daycare.. but really, you should have saw this coming.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• How rude these anonymous people are, especially in this economy! His hours could have been significantly cut, you have no idea! Goodness, people are so judgmental. Plus, she probably planned for two kids, and then had twins.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• We are in the same boat. And to the stupid anons, once again ( I see them in every single question putting their trashy 2 cents in and personally it's annoying!! ) just because you married a rich dude for his money, or you may have a job (which I'm guessing you don't, with responses like those, I wouldn't hire a bitch like you) either way, YOU have NO IDEA. She's just venting. Obviously she WANTS to work, but sometimes things dont work out like you want. Okay, to the OP: same situation here. My plan is to just figure out how I can make money right now. I may have to do some in-home daycare for a while to get some income going, but that's fine. While that income is going, I am going to be buying more equipment for my photography business (which is tiny and just starting) and also pay for a course through an online school. Then, once I start making more moola doing photography, (cont below)
    workathome01

Answer by workathome01 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• even though I love it to pieces, I want to start on college for my eventual career as a holistic nutritionist. I'll still be doing photography on the side, though, cause I love it. So, just take it in baby steps. Do what you can for right now. Work w/ what you got going for you. Then, just build. Figure out what you might want to do "when you grow up" LOL I always say that about myself, lol. Then, work toward that. It's never too late to get a degree or just start on a career that you will love to do for the rest of your life. I hope that helps! :)
    workathome01

Answer by workathome01 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2009