douche question

how long after you have ababy can you douche? i know you cant do it while you are bleeding. I had a baby last week but i am no longer bleeding and i was wondering can i douche now or do i need to wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Health

• I know people say not to douche, but I do every once in a while. It feels...fresher.... I mostly do it after my period. But to answer your question, I would talk to your dr. My daughter is two weeks old almost and I'm not really bleeding anymore either, but I'm going to go ahead and wait the full 6 weeks before doing anything at all. You never know what's going on on the inside of body (more specifically your vag!) and don't want to run the risk of causing yourself a lot of pain and infection!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Don't douche at all, ever. It's actually very bad for your body. The vagina cleans itslef naturally. Douching can make you more prone to infections.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• you have to wait at least 6 weeks
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You shouldn't douche at all. It interrupts your natural body chemicals. DON'T DO IT!
    Anonymous

• you should never douche it dries you up. Only on the out side use warm water with vinegar.
    Anonymous

• hmmm...I never had but you have to wait 6 weeks for sex and heavy exercise so i would wait six weeks to do that. Also if you need to feel clean a good way to do it is to soak in a bath with feminine wash...no rudeness intended
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Do not do it.

I never have, never will. It's not needed and I have never had a yeast infection either.

Anonymous

• Dom123123....I thought we weren't supposed to take baths for the six weeks either? I'm not trying to be rude.....if you were told different by your dr please let me know so I can call mine. I REALLY want to throw on a mud mask and just soak in a hot tub for a while!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would not douche at this time. Your body is still healing itself from giving birth and you could cause yourself more harm than good, infection is likely. Wait unitl your six week check up and share your hygiene concerns with your doctor. I personally don't believe in douching, such cleaning, in my opinion, is not necessary for the female body.
    AUniqueMom

Answer by AUniqueMom at 12:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Some women don't like have stinky cooters. Many women douche for various reasons.
    You may want to ask your doc about it or even call tomorrow morning and ask to talk to the nurse.
    Congrats on your new bundle of joy!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2009