Similac, Enfamil or Good Start?

I cannot produce enough milk to breast feed, so next step, formula. I have a 13 month old, and she was put on similac advanced. She did good with it, no real colic or spitting up. Now I am pregnant again, I am thinking about formula again. Wondering if enfamil or good start is better?
Please no comments on breastfeeding. I am not looking to be hounded for choosing formula.

smileyriley.mom

Asked by smileyriley.mom at 11:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just started my dd on formula because I did not produce enough, along with a host of other problems. You just have to buy a can of one and see if the baby does good on it. If they don't seem to be doing well then try the next. It's really how the baby reacts to the formula. Personally, since formula is government regulated, I got the Parents Choice Gentle. She seems to be adjusting well...and it's 10 dollars cheaper than Enfamil. I don't know if that matters to you or not.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Good start is easier for babies to digest
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have used Good Start.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I use similac advance. son is now 9 mos. I use ready made formula , it is more expensive though.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I use Good Start and my daughter has never had any problems.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Target brand or Parent's Choice. Same thing as the name brand at less than half the cost.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My son only drinks maybe 5 bottles a week when I work. He won't drink breastmilk from a bottle unfortunately so we bought Good start and he liked it we bought 2 cans and switched to parents choice he likes that too and it's much less expensive
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I use Similac Sensitive and have had no probs with it
    MommyFlood

Answer by MommyFlood at 3:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009