• In the Spotlight:

what to do?

my father and mother got divorced when i was really young like 4 or 5 and i am now almost 20 and pregnant with his first and according to my sister his only grand daughter and ever since I told him I haven't heard anything from him. we were never really that close because he always wanted boys and got 2 girls and it hurts that he is more worried about supporting my step mom and her boys than just picking up a phone to see if his daughter and granddaughter are ok.. am I wrong for trying to make a relationship with him.. or is he wrong for not wanting to be a part of our lives?

SweetPea102689

Asked by SweetPea102689 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• He is a DBAG!! He should be excited that he has a grad baby on the way! I would just stop calling him. See if he calls you. I'm sorry he is such an @$$!!
    Anonymous

• i have a step sister (who i meet for the first and last time at our father funeral) and step brother, who i havent seen since the funeral in 2000. at that time i found out i had a neice my age and she had a daughter, my father never got to meet. my father never talked to them because his daughter stopped talking to him at 13 when her mother left him for another man. i attemped contact once i sent a long letter one on answered, so i took the hint.

id say try to forgive, send a letter or invite to a birthday or thanksgiving, if he doesnt answer you have your answer.
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 12:00 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You need to move on he does not want to have a relationship. He has shown you what kind of a person he is, He needs to come to you, stop calling.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My husband's father decided to cater to his new wife and stepson before his own two kids, and threatened to have Dh and I and his grandkids thrown in the street. Now all he has is his wife, mother, and stepson. Oh well!!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 28, 2009