how do i let go and let God?

Am I a people pleaser since I have a hard time letting go and lettingGod take care of the things I have no control over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You have to just pray and give GOd your all ...You have to remember God is going to take care of you and i love the verse gammie posted :) Here are a few more that will help you out if you need to talk im here :)
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
    Proverbs 3:5
    "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."
    Isaiah 55:8.
    "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."
    Malachi 3:6
    "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Say this:
    God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
    This is the prayer for you it will help.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
    James 1:17

We have to empty our minds of any hindrances that will prevent us from accepting the fact that God can and will do miracles today. He is not different that He was in the Bible. He is not withholding Himself from us. He needs us to be able to believe Him. Did you read the examples of miracles mentioned above? If you did, you might have noticed that, in each one, there was somebody there that believed that the miracle would take place and expected it to happen.
    Unbelief can prevent you from experiencing the things that God wants to do. Take a look at what the Bible says about unbelief.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief."
    Matthew 13:58
    "Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."
    Matthew 17:19-20

hinson7169

• "Cast your cares on the Lord for He cares for you" Psalm 55:22

I looked up this verse in a commentary a few years ago and I learned that I was thinking about it all wrong, LOL. I think of casting something on the Lord, like tossing it or like casting a fishing pole. Kinda swinging it on up there. But the word casting there is the word they would use to describe rolling a boulder up a hill. It is heavy and it is hard and when you are done, it is likely to roll right back down the hill on top of you. God knows how hard and heavy our burdens are, and how when we pray about something, it will sometimes later roll back down on top of us and we have to do it all over again.

But that is the point. In having to keep pushing the burden up to the Lord, we are spending more time drawing near to the Lord. And that is what we really need, to be in the pressence of the Lord. He can handle our burdens and we need to be close to Him.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Just ask Him to handle it for ya and He will smile and gladly do just that.
    He is happy and pleased when we go to Him and say.."take it from me and help me to trust You with it...especially our souls and the souls of our loved ones.
    HE IS PATIENTLY waiting.
    Why not do it while you are thinking about it?
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 12:46 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• The biggest problem with us humans is that we go to Him; and say,"here, Lord...take this from mebecause I just cannot do it by myself.."
    Jesus takes it and before He has a moment to touch it; we go back and say, "well, I just better do it myself."
    ASK
    RELEASE IT
    LEAVE IT THERE!!
    We all do it.
    Then we wonder why we still have it.
    When I finally gave my kids over to His complete care...I sleep very well and I know that they are ok because I have left them with the BEST CARE TAKER.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 12:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That is beautiful, Cinnamon. I've never thought of that verse in that way.
    Pray and asked God to take it away,truly desiring to let it go, and thank Him for His answer. Get involved in something that distracts you from the issue--maybe spend time sharing your faith with other people. Be sure to solicit the prayers of others. I'll add you to my prayer list.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2009