Creative Moms

Can I have some creative ideas on what I can do for my DH, he turns 29 on August 4th and I want to do something nice for him since we really don't have the money to buy anything. I don't want to over look his birthday either, he is hard working and caring and deserves to be celebrated.

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 12:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Make him his fav breakfast and dinner. Also make him a special cake. Have the kidos help ice and decorate it!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You can do a video of pictures of him and the kids and you and him, you and the kids, add some music and download it as a movie for him. Have the kids make cards for him with finger paint. Decorate the front door with stuff the kids made for when he gets home. Thats what I always did for my hubby, he'd come home to the front door decorated. You can also if access, drive to his place of work, and decorate his car with balloons and streamers with a big home made card from you and the kids wishing him a happy birthday! :)
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 12:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Of course he deserves it!

Could you have a surprise party for him at your place and invite some friends and/or family over? You could do this for a reasonable price. Just bake a cake and grill hamburgers...That's about as creative as I get, LOL! But really it's just the thought that counts!! I'm sure he would be more than happy with just you and his children and a cake! Have fun:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Oh and make sure he gets some that night LOL!
    theutilitarian

• Make a big deal out of it on the big day, make a banner or posters that say happy birthday, have the kids (if of age or if not make one from them) make a card for daddy. Pamper him when he's home make a cake and/or a nice supper. Hang balloons/streamers wear paper hats. I know it all sounds a little childish but mostly making a big thing out of it and letting him know you're excited about his birthday can make a difference. Lots of luck Momma!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Thank you ladies I am going to take advice from all of you and implement something
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:13 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• lmao theutilitarian he will get some no doubt about that
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:17 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Haha! I wasn't sure how you would take that. I'm glad you got a laugh out of it, but sadly enough that's probably going to be the most important to him if he's anything like my husband!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• lol getting laid is important to him lol we have a boy who turned 2 last friday a little girl who will be 1 on new years eve and not a baby due in february lol so he's lucky he still even gets to get some LMAO
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:37 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Of course he deserves it!

I made sloppy joes, cheaper than hamburgers cuz it goes a long way and u can keep them hot in a crock pot! I also bought some fresh fruit and didnt peel or cut them, just left them in their natural way and it makes a pretty display, and the fruit lasts longer if there's leftovers. Of course you cant leave melons like that and expect people to cut their own LOL. I also made a really good punch out of 2 liters that were on sale and sherbert. 7up about 1/2, 1 bottle fruit punch, and orange drink, scoop sherbert in use flexy bowl to make ice cube
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2009