Desperate for some help! I'm having contractions...

They are very irregular. But always getting much more painful then the last. The most of the pain is at my kidneys and it hurts so much that i cry everytime one comes.

I was expecting them to start off mild. But, they have come in full swing and i just cannot take it.

Did anyone else have to deal with contractions from hell? How did you ease the pain? Any good methods?

Please i'm truly desperate. Its 5am over here (UK)

GrungeMum

Asked by GrungeMum at 12:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walk around/ try not to think about it and go answer some other question on cafe mom. Squat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Do you have the number to an on-call doc? Since they are irregular, they prob won't do anything. But since they are that painful, they might. IDK. I'd just go to the doc.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Could it be a kidney infection? You shouldn't be feeling labor contractions that high. Usually they are felt pretty low in the abdomen or in the sacral area of the back.

I did have contractions from hell because of my pitocin induced labor. I breathed through each one and when they got really intense I moaned loud and low. Relax as much as you can and stay upright if at all possible (that made the pain HALF what it was for me).

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I've had kidney infections. This is definatley not that. I saw kidneys cos its the closest organ to where they are truly hurting. They are very low down and unbelievably painful. They always start right at the front, very low. And then spread all the way around.

I cannot take it.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 12:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my mom said when she had me her contractions were irregular, she walked around her block stopping at every street corner to squat and then went to the hospital and walked up and down some stairs, just in case she needed to be seen right away, but she didnt check in, and then she finally checked in when she felt ready and started pushing in an hour and BOOM I was born
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Booooo contractions! I'm sorry they are irregular. Get off of your feet if they are that bad and when one comes just practice your deep breathing, if your SO is there have him hold your hand or rub your back, and put on either a movie or some music to (try to) help take your mind off of them.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:13 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• God, all i want to do is sleep. :(

But, the pain is too grand. As i said its 5AM over here.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 12:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Sorry you are in so much discomfort. I suggest soaking in a hot tub or shower, changing positions frequently, breath deep through them and just focus on getting past each one.
    I am 38 weeks, and have been having simillar contraction trouble. I get them for about 3 hours the last 3 nights late at night, and can't sleep or get comfy. They just don't time out right, and stay at least 12 minutes apart, then after a few hours stop, so stressful. The hot bath really helps me, and I also will watch TV or listen to my mp3 to try to distract myself while I just breath through them. If they don't stop soon though, I suggest maybe calling the doc because if they are so bad they make you cry, and hurt in your kidneys, it's safer to just go get checked out incase it's something else.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 12:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• back labor! and yes it can be that high.. i have had it with all my babies hunny. walk around they might be more regular then u think and if they are hurtin that bad then i think its safe to say u might be in labor!! hoping the very best and if u r in labor- hoping for a quick labor and easy recovery with a beautful healthy baby!!!!
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Wow, cafemoms are so much nicer when it comes to pregnancy and stuff. We really should avoid the hot topics.

Thank you all for the advice and kind words

(not to say you guys aren't nice. Just a general observation)
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 12:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2009