Are you obese?

Just curious how many mom's are not just "chubby" but obese. If you are do you care? Do you do anything about it or do you use the old excuse about having kids as a reason to be fat? I'm genuinely curious considering how America is becoming renown for it's fattiness.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• Yes I am obese. Why do you care? What purpose in your life is served by judging how fat I am? Do you think I don't know I am fat? Do you think you need to inform me of the "medical benefits" of losing weight? I think you probably just are lucky that genetics struck you a happy stroke and you should stop being judgemental.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• In medical terms, yeah I am considered "obese." Even relatively healthy people could be considered "obese" according to their weight and height ratio.

I have an eating disorder. I've tried to kick it since I was 10 years old. No luck yet.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Nope. I was overweight after my 3rd child...but I refused to allow myself to become "that" person.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I should be obese but because I am so tall I am not. I exercise but not as much as I should and my diet I have to say is very mixed.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• when my kids where home I was thin, now that I'm older I have gained a lot of weight. I'm chubby now :) I'm working on it, I try to walk around Target, Walmart etc. Have cut down on some stuff. It is hard to loss weight when you do get older. Oh well I'm happy anyway.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I am. Am I proud of it? No. I am trying to change it. It's hard, but I'm trying. I've been trying since I was in middle school. It always fails, but I'm trying to make sure this time it doesnt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes i am...and nope nothing to be proud of..i am in a low carb diet now and i hope it work b/c my legs hurt and my chest..i have a lot of headacke and i am not happy...my DR told me i was obese..
    i'm 5'5 i weight 270 very sad:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• im not sure if i am or not!!!! i know i really need to lose weight... im quite short and have a tubby ring around my waist that needs to be gone!!! and my bum, legs and arms!!!! i dont want to lose my boobs thought hahahah
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 4:54 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Whoa! Anon at :01 took this question a little too personally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 AM on Jul. 28, 2009