Im so nervous rekindling an old flame advice.

about a year and a half ago i was in between my now ex bf and i being off and on i met a guy. He was so good to me respectful, charming, a wonderful man that i fell in love with. We saw each other for 6 months he was so good to me and i don't know why i messed it up the first time but i did. I went back to my now ex bf whom i have a 4 year old son with. This is y i left he begged and pleaded told me he had change which he did for a short time and then right back to the way he was and the reason we broke up in the first place. A bout a month ago i got a heart felt email from the man i fell in love with telling me even tho we hadn't spoken in almost a year he loved me and never has forgotten me. and how he'd do nething to be with me again. Well a few weeks ago i left my bf got an apartment and i contacted this man. We talked for a few weeks and are going out on a date tomorrow. Im so nervous. Im still in love with him.

rmorris11

Asked by rmorris11 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• ne stress relievers that u can give advice to me?
    rmorris11

Answer by rmorris11 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• well first of all take a deep breath lol. Ok it sounds like you two have alot of history that was never resolved hon, so try not to be over the moon. You can totally be in love with someone and it still isnt healthy for either of you yanno? There are reasons he is an ex(besides what you shared) and sometimes we glorify the good and forget the bad. Plus you are vunerabe because you just got out of a relationship, got a place, those are huge changes so maybe let yourself have a lil space. If you guys are meant to be together, you will be, love finds a way everytime.Have a great time, for a first date just have fun nothjing too serious. If it turns serious and he wants to go over the "good ole days" how about suggesting"listen we are different people now so just for tonight lets pretend we just met and this is truly a first date" I think that would be exciting. good luck mama and have a grewat time. lol email me if you like >
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:30 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• tell me how it goes, would love to hear a good romance story :o).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I went through something like this 22 years ago. Except When I dumped mr.wonderful to be with the ex, and yeah the ex was plump full of empty promises! then we got married! and divorced 8 yrs later. At least you didn't get married, so you can walk away, unlike marriage.
    My advice is go slowly. If you go about this too fast you will crash and burn.
    I am re-married now and they guy's heart I broke 22 years ago, well we are in touch via facebook. He is married and has 2 great kids...I am happy for him but at the same time I wish I were his wife instead. I do miss the fun we had. For now our fun is sending eachother drinks and playing yo'ville. It is almost like we will be together again in some other life.
    Go have fun and keep a level head about things! Good luck!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:39 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Walk slowly, and get to know yourself AND him...not worth the hurry.
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 7:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009