Full time mom and student...

I'm 25 and an Air force veteran. Due to my years in service I got a late start on school. Now I'm thinking about quiting because my son is teething and i have no time to study. Have any of you had to take a break from your dreams due to your children? I'm pretty depressed about it and need some support.

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 12:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm a student and a single mother. And I work full time. I wouldn't quit if I were you. You'll regret it later, either because you'll never have the motivation to go back or because you'll think it's too late. I went to college right out of high school, so I don't know about waiting. I know that if I quit now, I wouldn't go back. I was in high school when my son was a baby and growing. I also had to work then too. I missed his first year of life..but I look back and I'm proud that I did it. Even though it's just high school, I still finished when I could've just quit. And I know in ten years, he'll be proud of me too.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes i was so sick when i was pregnant that i couldn't even make it to school and was forced to drop my classes with only 12 classes until i get my BA. It's been almost 2 years since and i haven't been back. Very very depressing. I'm signed up for the fall but who knows how things are actually going to work out. Do what you think is the right thing to do for you and your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm a full time mom and student too. It is hard, but you can do it! Don't let yourself get discouraged. You are doing this for both you and your baby. As my son has gotten older, I've had to reschedule how I do homework. Now it all happens when he is asleep (napping or in bed for the night). Invest in some Hyland's teething tablets, they are awesome and all natural. I was in the middle of a semester when my son was born, I took a week off and went right back to school. I was a zombie for a while, but I made it, and I know you can too!
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 2:49 AM on Jul. 28, 2009