Are Catholic people also Christians?

I can't believe people still think that they're not!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it depends. Some Catholics believe the way to Heaven is through good works. They are still Christians because they do believe Jesus was the son of God, but a Born-Again Christian is accepting Jesus as your savior and as being the only way into heaven.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• ummmmmm...if they're followers of Christ why do people not think they're CHRIST-ians ? I f we want to go on the "but they don't follow such-and-such law/rule/etc." then almost every sect/church could accuse every other of not being Christians.
    ThistleofTexas

Answer by ThistleofTexas at 12:55 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I believe they are my brothers and sister but unfortunately of the ones I knew (my family and friends) many are not devoted but rather luke warm. I come from a family of catholics being one myself previously I did not study nor had a personal relationship with Christ.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think that some Catholics are Christians and some are not. But the same goes for every denomination that there is. You have to believe that Jesus Christ is real, that HE is the one and only begotten son of God, that HE was sinless, that HE died on a cross for my sins, that HE rose again, and lives at the right hand of GOD. Jesus is the only way to get to heaven. It has nothing to do with good works or being a good person. It is by faith and by grace.
    Dickens

Answer by Dickens at 1:13 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I speak from my past and what I have seen. The walk is not according to scripture. - would confess repent and sin again and again. Thinking in my mind He will forgive me after I'm done ill just repent. What a fool I was. He got my attention one day though and I didn't let go of Him after that. Thank you Jesus!! My God is a consuming fire!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:15 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Of course they are, obviously anyone who doesn't believe so does not know the definition of Christian.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• "......Jesus is the only way to get to heaven. It has nothing to do with good works or being a good person....."

Thanks for the chuckle - dickens
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 4:44 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I believe there are Christians who practice Catholicism.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• oh goody another question to put down Catholics. We finally shut up the adved Catholics worship Mary lady and now her fire is fueled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Catholics are Christians, absolutely.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2009