How can I get my children to listen to me with out yelling all the time?

Ahanna82

Asked by Ahanna82 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Whisper. :O) It really works. You can tell them that your throat is irritated (not a lie, because if you yell everything about you gets irritated.) And it can't handle yelling. So they will have to listen as you speak very quietly. Get them used to "the LOOK" that makes them think God will smite them if they don't listen. :0) That works too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Talk 2 them like u mean it. believe me they know when mommy is serious. Follow through with what the consequence is.

sanab

Answer by sanab at 1:31 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Try to set up rewards and punishments. At my house everyone has chores when you do your chores you get a treat or a sticker. If you misbehave or don't do your chores you get a timeout. And also if you say stuff like "well im not buying you ice cream" then follow through with it. Because if you dont then they will think that they can do whatever they want because you will still reward them for bad behavior. And tell them why you didnt buy them ice cream. ANd when they do behave good reward them. They love that!
    isabel0486

Answer by isabel0486 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009