Had my membranes stripped today.. Dr says i am 3 1/2cm dialated and 70%effaced...How many of you have had this done and what were your results??

what my question is is how long does it take for labor to progress.. she said it would help make my contractions more intense and closer together.. i have been having them for about 2 weeks now..
how many of you have had this done and what were your results???

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 1:16 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ouch! I had this done with both children and I actually had it done 3x with my second child and I still had to be induced. However, I do know people who swear by getting their membranes stripped because it induced labor quite quickly...Good luck?!!?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:23 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had it done, and the next night (after walking and a little special time with dh) my water broke and I went into labor. I was only in labor for less than 7 hours. I only have the one experience to go by, but I would probably do it again if needed. Good luck, hopefully you'll be welcoming a baby soon!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I was 4 cm and I was 80% when she stripped my membranes and I stayed that way for a week and a day before I was 5cm and that's when they kept me. from the time I went to the hospital and had her it was 13 hours.
    holly132

Answer by holly132 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Like any form of induction, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Seems to lead to your water breaking earlier rather than later. Mine ended in a c-section. What is your hurry?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Oh bad memories! lol It hurt me so bad...I think the nurse refurred to it as "peeling an orange." They did mine 2 times...nothing. I was induced on my due date because my husband was set to deploy a week after my due date.
    Mrschapy06

Answer by Mrschapy06 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Are you way over-due? What's the rush?
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• With my first I had this done 3 times to try to get me to go into labor with no luck :( I hope it works for you!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2009