My daughter started walking when she was 10 months now that she is 13 months it seems like her feet turn in more...

I think she may be starting to be pigeon toed or whatever it is.. Any advice on how to change this or is it normal?

kahlynsmommy1

Asked by kahlynsmommy1 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• So she wasn't pigeon toed when she started wlaking or maybe you didn't notice? My niece was very bow legged and her feet went in also and she outgrew it, but if this seems like something is getting worse then I would bring her in just to double check
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I didn't notice how our FS's feet "turned in" until he started walking at 9 months. I think that it's normal and an easier way for them to balance. He's 2 now and he doesn't do that anymore, and never had a problem. Just bring it up to her doctor at the next visit which should be at 15 months (if you vaccinate.)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My daughter was the same way. My mom kept bugging me about it, even though I thought there was nothing wrong. When I finally asked my pediatrician about it she said there was nothing to worry about and that she would most likely straighten out and she did. She is 2 1/2 and walks completely normal.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• THANKS!!! everyone keeps tell me stuff about if you dont fix it now blah blah.. i dont really but shoes on her cause i heard it was better for the to learn how to walk that way. But everyone keeps telling me to go buy her stride ride shoes so that they will correct her feet
    kahlynsmommy1

Answer by kahlynsmommy1 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have been pigeon toed all my life, it is not as bad as it was when I was a child. As she gets older, she will walk the way that she is suppose to.
    hmb42623

Answer by hmb42623 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Its list she put her weight on the out side of her feet only like she puts nothing on her big toe it reaal hard to explain
    kahlynsmommy1

Answer by kahlynsmommy1 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009