• In the Spotlight:

Is There A Special Kind Of Tea For Pregnant Women?

I like to have a nice cup of tea sometimes and now I'm 5 weeks pregnant and this is my first time being pregnant too and I'm 44 will be 45 on aug.10Th and so and I have heard some women my age that gets pregnant the baby doesnt be healthy well that is with some not all and there is a pretty good chance my baby will be healthy cause I don't smoke and I only drink once in a blue moon and I don't wanna do anything that will herm the baby so cause I like to have a cup of tea sometimes I would like to know if there is a special kind of tea for pregnant women and the tea I drink most of the time is green and that is my favorite kind too.

Cherry_Carey

Asked by Cherry_Carey at 1:33 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Tea is good for you! pregnant or not! It is good for the baby too....not all teas though. green tea is fine don't let peeople scare you. moderation is key. =)
    go to traditional medicinals . com......its the best tea line out there! ou can also buy them at whole foods and even some targets have them. there are teas speifically designed for pregnant woman! they have medically researched! please check out that wensite! you will thank me for it! =)
    good luck!
    PiscesMommy311

Answer by PiscesMommy311 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Well i have 3 kids and with each of my pregnancies my OBGYN told me not to drink ANY teas because some of them can cause miscarriages.
    isabel0486

Answer by isabel0486 at 1:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Ask your doctor but a cup of green tea should be OK. Don't drink herbals.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• chamomile, ginger and licorice teas are all great for morning sickness
    peppermint is a natural decongestant and is also calming (so is chamomile)
    your last three months, have a cup of raspberry leaf tea daily to help strenghthen your uterus.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:41 AM on Jul. 28, 2009