How old dose you have be to go to pre-school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am too old. But I think that the required age depends on the preschool. Traditionally, it is aged 3 to 5.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Old enough to use do and does correctly...sorry, you don't qualify
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• here it is 3 years old til they are 5 years old
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:29 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• 1dose Listen to the pronunciation of 1dose
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈdōs\
    Function:
    noun
    Etymology:
    Middle English, from Middle French, from Late Latin dosis, from Greek, literally, act of giving, from didonai to give — more at date
    Date:
    15th century

1 a: the measured quantity of a therapeutic agent to be taken at one time b: the quantity of radiation administered or absorbed
    2: a portion of a substance added during a process
    3: an amount of something likened to a prescribed or measured quantity of medicine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• why you looking to sign up? They teach spelling in kindergarten.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Funny answers but in seriousness...it depends on the school. The preschool at my kids' school is for 3 and 4 year olds. They have to be 3 before August 1 to go. The school my 3yo will go to has different age requirements for different classes. There is a morning class that is strictly for 4 and 5 year olds that is a little more demanding then the afternoon class which is for 3-5 year olds. They have to be 3 or 4 before the first day of class to attend and be potty trained. At the school my 6yo went to (through the park district like the one my 3yo will go to but at a different park) the teacher didn't offer a class for 3 year olds. They had to be 4 for both morning and afternoon classes.
    Traditionally preschool was for 4 year olds but most offer classes for 3 years and sometimes younger now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:25 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Good grief some of you are just plain A****. Like you never have a damn typo.

Check your area as some have different requirements. Here it is 3-5.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Around here, they have a program for 2 to 3 years olds where they don't require the child to be potty trained, but I think it is pretty expensive and more of a play school than pre school. Most other places start at 3 where it is required the child is potty trained.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think for the most part the starting age is 3 until the child is old enough to attend kindergarten
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Pre-school for me started at age 3&4 yrs old. At 5 she went to kindergarten.At 3 yrs of age she went twice a week. At 4 years old she went 3 days a week.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2009