sorry if this has already been asked i didn't see it anywhere

A woman in New Jersey refused to consent to a C-section during labor in the event that her baby was in distress. She ended up giving birth vaginally without incident. The baby was in good medical condition.However, her baby was taken away from her and her parental rights were terminated because she "abused and neglected her child" by refusing the C-section and behaving "erratically" while in labor
A New Jersey appellate court has upheld the shocking ruling, and custody has been given to the child's foster parents.The court's decision cites hospital records that described the mother ,as "combative," "uncooperative," "erratic," "noncompliant," "irrational" and "inappropriate."

Do you think this is right? I think it is JUST awful i can't belive they took her child away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There has to be more to the story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have looked EVERYWHERE!!!! that is the whole story...freaking crazy huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• OP HERE--- here is a the link to the full court ruling...is it just ridiculous

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/opinions/a4627-06.pdf

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• that is awful
    Anonymous

• OMG that is freakin crazy I would have flipped on them. They have no right to do that to her I would get an atty. and do whatever I could to get my baby back the thing is to never give up. This is sad and goes to show you that you are not in charge of your own life and your decisions. The mom was probably scared to death of having a C-sec and maby she was told horror stories or something bout C-secs and if she just didn't want a scar than that might have been dumb but they had no right to take her baby from her. Good God what is this world coming to. Everybody knows labor is hard and most of us are not in our normal frame of mind but that is just insane to take her baby.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't think it's right for the state to go that far. Luckily the baby was fine, but how would you feel about it if the baby had died? Then, would you see the mother in a different light?
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That is outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:10 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• This is an outrage. If the baby had died the mother was still within her rights. Let me get this straight... it is ok to terminate a pregnancy but not to let nature take it's course?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:26 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i bleieve i will side with the courts and medical records here.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• hmmm, and if obamcare were to pass, this will just be more of the same! do you honestly think your rights will mean diddly squat when the equivalent of a department of motor vehicles clerk tells you which doctor you can see and which services will be covered? i think not!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Jul. 28, 2009