Daycare experience...need advice

Hello moms,

I am a full time mom and have a 6month old. Right now, my parents are helping out and taking care of her during the weekdays. This is probably not going to last long since I can tell that they are pretty tired now that my daughter is getting heavier (etc. etc).

My husband and I are planning to put her in daycare, but I feel iffy about strangers watching my little one. Anyone with any good or bad
experiences? Pros/cons? Any advice would help.

Thank you!

julee82

Asked by julee82 at 2:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Word of mouth is a great way to find a daycare:) If you don't know many people in the area you live in I would do interviews. I would interview SEVERAL daycares and I would go with my gut! I wouldn't choose a daycare if it was less money per month, but I would go off my gutt feeling:) This is such a hard decision, but use your maternal instincts and you will surely pick the right place for your child.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:04 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• use a church daycare
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Research every daycare in your area before making a decision. Don't call first, just show up so you can see them in their element without preparing for you. Ask plenty of questions. The worst problem I've heard of was a friend I knew's daughter got hand foot n mouth disease because the people watching her mixed up and gave her someone else's bottle. NOT cool. I actually liked my daughter in daycare. She made friends, developed soo much faster than she was outside of daycare, and loved going. I only took her out to spend the summer with her before she starts school. BUT, I didn't start her until after about 18 months and that was only part time. I think we miss our kids more than they miss us sometimes LOL
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• small church one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Jul. 28, 2009