how can i find out the income limits for public assistance?

i called the office but they said i have to come to a thing at their office 20 miles away from 7:30-9am and if im not there by 7:30 i cant get in. i just want to know if i qualify and if i do i would be willing to spend the time. but im gonna be po'd if i spend so much time and gas money just to find out that my husband worked a few hours of overtime and now we are just barley above the cutoff point.

mudgirl

Asked by mudgirl at 3:48 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• so i drove all the way to the office and waited for 2 hours and then i had a meeting with the guy for almost an hour and he was telling me all this documentation to bring in to find out if i qulify, and i said can you just tell me what the income limits are? and finally he told me, and guess what! the cut off for a family of 4 with one adult working 40 hrs per week is that they cant make over $17.96 per hour to get food stamps. so if you make$18 per hour you get nothing. who comes up with these numbers anyway?
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 6:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You need to speak with someone in person because it doesn't just go by your income. They also take into consideration your bills.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• do they have a website? Google search the state you live in and "food stamps" or "public assistance. GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:50 AM on Jul. 28, 2009