Have you ever had to leave a man you loved because he brought you down?

Just wondering. I've been feeling that I might need to leave my husband. I'm constantly depressed and not happy with my life or the way we live. I don't like how we fight about everything, and how we completely ignore each other when we're not fighting. I've been depressed for 3 years now and I need a change. I don't want to fake being happy with a medicine, I need my life to change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Its possible to learn to love yourself while you're still in the marriage. Maybe it's not all of his fault that you are depressed. If you don't like your life, there are many changes you could make BEFORE considering a divorce. Get a life outside the house, take up a hobby, be more social with friends, go to church or a community project. If you start feeling better about yourself, it might rub off on your marriage.
    Hanapana

Answer by Hanapana at 2:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'd be more inclined to meditate over the concept "WHY AM I IN LOVE WITH A MAN WHO BRINGS ME DOWN" actually. Why would you chose to be with someone who treats you in this way. May be you need to learn to love yourself.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 6:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I use to want to run away from everything and all my problems. Then I realized that the same problems will arise no matter where I run to. We have to face our problems and solve them. Depression comes because we can't figure out why we are feeling upset or angry. Perhaps we do know why but can't go about solving the situation. I'm not a doctor or anything but these are my feelings about things. Do you think husband is the reason why you are depressed? Is he willing to work with you to overcome the problems you guys are having? If he's not will to work towards happiness...then there's ntohing you can do but leave and find happiness elsewhere. It is a two way street and you both have to help each other head down the same path.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I use to want to run away from everything and all my problems. Then I realized that the same problems will arise no matter where I run to.
    ----------
    Well said!!
    OP, If you run from this you will run from the next one, and the next one. You have to fix what is in you. If you aren't happy than they don't you separate for a while and find out what is really wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• thanks girls, the advice is SO right! My husband loves me, and only wants the best for me. But my depression is hard to deal with, not only for me, but for my husband. I just need to show him that I'm willing to try, and not going to roll over and die. I'm going to go to the doctor and get back on medicine, because it helps, and our relationship was doing much better when I could forget all the crap that has happened in my life, and realize that my family is great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• Adding in, I know i said i didn't want to be on medicine, and then said i did. but I know the things that are bringing me down, and they are things that I can't change. they're the past.. but slightly still the present, and cannot explain my situtation. I'm going to try and make some friends, and start taking my kids outside more, they love it.. and when they're happy it makes me happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Jul. 30, 2009