Sex Drive?

My hubby turned fifty. He has been on viagra for the last few years. If he is tired or has more than 3 drinks he cannot perform even if he has taken a pill. On top of that the doctor thinks he may have sleep apnea. So most of the time he goes and sleeps in the spare bedroom because he snores and is very restless. This has really hurt our sex life. The first reason I am upset is because now that he may have sleep apnea he will not go to the doctor. Second he usually has anywhere from 3-5 drinks a night. (Rum and Coke) and most of the time if he has taken the pill he has drank so he still can't perform. Is this normal? Could there be something wrong with his health? Just worried and sex deprived!!!lol Oh and one more thing he uses skoal. He says that it is not as bad as smoking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• If he has sleep apnea, that could be a BIG reason for his decreased sex drive. He may not want to go to the doctor bc he is nervous, but you can assure him the test for it is very noninvasive. Also, if he is drinking while taking viagra, that can put a lot of strain on his body, and he should stop doing one or the other bc it can cause problems. He may not realize he's causing most of the problems himself, and he should really see a doctor. A decreased sex drive can lead to depression if not treated, and will affect both of you. I think if it were me, I'd have a serious talk with him.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Have his cholesterol checked. Alcohol can interfere with Viagra.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You should ask his doctor
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 12:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Alcohol is BAD for sleep apnea. He drinks, does Skoal, takes Viagara and refuses to see a doc for sleep apnea?? Where are his priorities?!?!
    Hanapana

Answer by Hanapana at 2:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2009